How do I set safety controls on YouTube?
YouTube is a little world of its own. Your child could be watching Caillou and accidentally end up clicking on links that are inappropriate. Fortunately, YouTube offers a safety feature that not too many people are aware of. Here is how you can set that up:
- Log into your Google or YouTube account and go to the YouTube.com site.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the YouTube homepage where you will see the ‘Safety’ button next to ‘Language’ ‘Country’ and ‘Help’.
- Click on the ‘Safety’ button.
- Click the ‘On’ button.
- Check the box ‘Lock safety mode on this browser’ and click the ‘Save’ button.
- The page will now reload and you will see a ‘Successfully enabled safety mode’ banner on top of your page with a check mark next to it.
- These settings will be locked for that browser even after you log out of your Google/YouTube account.
- Repeat the steps if your child uses other browsers as well.